The Annual Meeting of ARP Women’s Ministries was held Oct. 8, 2016, in the Chapel at Bonclarken.
Despite the challenges of Hurricane Matthew, about 70 women attended this meeting, while close to 20 watched the live stream of the meeting on the internet.
Delaine Blackwell and Laura Christy of Joy of Abiding Ministry brought our message and led us in music. Delaine spoke on Five Keys of Fruitful Ministry and Five Laws of the Harvest. Laura led the hymn singing and prepared our hearts through her music.
Judi Hodges of CEM, Susan Tanner of the ARP Magazine, and Shelia Osborne of World Witness also spoke.
The offering was designated for our Jubilee Birthday missionary ladies; almost $800 was collected.
During the refreshment break, that was hosted in Synodical Hall by Florida Presbyterial, displays from World Witness, the ARP Magazine, and Christian Education Ministries supplied information and were able to visit with those in attendance.
The Recommendations that were approved at the Annual Meeting are posted below.
Recommendations For the ARPWM Annual Meeting 2016
October 8, 2016
1. That the Bylaws be amended as follows:
Article II, Section 5 Terms of Service, A: Treasurer “Four-year term eligible for re-election”
Treasurer “Two-year term, eligible for reelection”
(This Bylaws change requires a two-thirds vote of those present and voting at the 2016 Annual Meeting, and the previous approval of the ARPWM Board and notice of the proposed amendment submitted in writing to each Presbyterial Executive Board at least 30 days prior to the Annual Meeting).
2. That Timothy Keller, Galatians: Gospel Matters: Seven Studies for Groups or Individuals be an optional recommended Bible study aid and leaders guide for 2017.
3. That the study book for 2018 be Living in the Gap Between Promise and Reality: The Gospel According to Abraham, by Iain Duguid, to accompany the study of the book of Genesis.
4. That the spiritual life supplemental study book for group study for 2018 be Idols of the Heart: Learning to Long for God Alone, by Elyse Fitzpatrick; and that Prodigal God by Timothy Keller be recommended for individual study.
5. That the theme verse for 2018 be Genesis 17: 7 – “I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you.” (NIV)
6. That the offering collected at the 2016 ARPWM Annual Meeting be given to Jubilee Birthday Missionaries.
7. That the following slate of officers from the Nominating Committee be elected for the term beginning January 1, 2017:
Vickie Marsh, Vice President
Libby Elder, Spiritual Life Chairman
Kathryn Pendergrass, Secretary
Judy Kovacs, Treasurer
8. That the following women be approved as the ARP Women’s Ministries Representative to the following Synod Committees for terms of four years each beginning in 2017:
Interchurch Relations: Susan Cavin
World Witness: Julaine Harding
Bonclarken Board: Barbara Sherrill